The best way to learn about Japan
The Japan News, an English newspaper published by Japan’s leading daily, The Yomiuri Shimbun, offers a broad range of domestic news, features, analysis and commentary.
Tie-ups with leading newspapers around the world
In addition to stories from international news agencies, The Japan News carries content from a large number of influential newspapers and magazines in Asia, Europe and North America. It has partnerships with The Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times and The Times as well as leading English-language newspapers in Asia via the Asia News Network.
Extensive coverage of domestic and international sports news
The Japan News covers international sports (soccer, MLB, NBA), as well as world news you just won’t find in Japanese newspapers. It also carries in-depth domestic sports news on pro baseball, the J.League, rugby and golf.
Please note the following conditions for subscription:
- The cost of subscription is ¥3,665 per calendar month.
- Subscriptions are for delivery in Japan only. (Please see the section For subscriptions outside Japan for overseas subscriptions.)
- Please send your subscription request at least two days before you want delivery to begin.
- The minimum subscription period is one full calendar month. If your subscription begins from the middle of the month, the minimum subscription period is until the end of the following month.
- An agent from your local Yomiuri Delivery Center will collect that month's payment at the end of each month.
- A subscription of at least six months is required before readers can use our automatic bank debit system to pay the monthly subscription fee. (Applications for automatic bank transfer take about two months to process.)
For subscriptions outside Japan:
Please contact Overseas Courier Service (OCS) at 81-3-5476-8131 or email email@example.com. OCS will provide the total subscription fee, including shipping costs, and arrange delivery.
Notice to subscribers:
- All personal information provided on the subscription application form will be kept by The Yomiuri Shimbun and your nearest Yomiuri Center (YC or Yomiuri Shimbun delivery outlet).
- The Yomiuri Shimbun will refer to a subscriber's information when it receives inquiries from them and when it mails sales promotional materials to them.
- For its part, the YC will use the information concerning when it conducts newspaper delivery and subscription fee collection services, notifies subscribers of related services and events, approaches subscribers to extend the subscription period or resume subscription and provides subscribers with information concerning products other than newspapers handled by the YC and parcel delivery services.