The Japan News, published by The Yomiuri Shimbun—Japan’s largest and most influential newspaper—has an attractive, easy-to-read layout, with lively page design, making The Japan News a newspaper that can compete with the world's best.
To learn the benefits of subscribing, click “English” or “Japanese” below
At ¥3,665 per calendar month, The Japan News offers the best value of any English-language daily in Japan.
Note: Applications for our FREE 1-week trial subscription must be made by phone (not online). Please call (0120) 431-159.
Going on vacation?
For further inquiries, please contact us here.
Ordering by phone
- 0120-43-1159 (toll free)
- Ordering by Fax
Customer service desk hours: Mon.-Fri.: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
(Closed on Sat, Sun., national holidays.)
Subscription and delivery inquiries also can be made at any Yomiuri Shimbun agent.
Please note the following conditions for subscription:
- The cost of a subscription is ¥3,665 per calendar month.
- Subscriptions are for delivery in Japan only. (Please see the section For subscriptions outside Japan for overseas subscriptions.)
- Please send your subscription request at least two days before you want delivery to begin.
- The minimum subscription period is one full calendar month. If your subscription begins from the middle of the month, the minimum subscription period is until the end of the following month.
- An agent from your local Yomiuri Delivery Center will collect each month's payment at the end of that month.
- A subscription of at least six months is required before readers can use our automatic bank debit system to pay the monthly subscription fee. (Applications for automatic bank transfer take about two months to process.)
For subscriptions outside Japan:
Please contact Overseas Courier Service (OCS) at 81-3-5534-7965 or e-mail email@example.com. OCS will provide the total subscription fee, including shipping costs, and arrange delivery.
Notice to subscribers:
- All personal information provided on the subscription application form will be kept by The Yomiuri Shimbun and your nearest Yomiuri Center (YC or Yomiuri Shimbun delivery outlet).
- The Yomiuri Shimbun will refer to a subscriber’s information when it receives inquiries from them and when it mails sales promotional materials to them.
- For its part, the YC will use the information when it conducts newspaper delivery and subscription fee collection services, notifies subscribers of related services and events, approaches subscribers to extend the subscription period or resume subscription and provides subscribers with information concerning products other than newspapers handled by the YC and parcel delivery services.
Do you want to cancel your subscription?
The Japan News employs SSL encryption to protect its users’ personal information. Consequently, you will need to use a browser that accepts SSL.
Please check whether your browser is set to enable SSL. Corporate firewalls may also prevent SSL transmissions.
If you received an error message when you tried to use our secure server, click Non-SSL to use our standard server.